Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Wedding DIY: Foil Envelope Lining for Invitation

Here's a quickie tutorial. I ordered my invitations and envelopes from Vistaprint. The invitations were beautiful, however the default envelopes that came with them were really thin. 

I saw somewhere in the Wedding Wire forum where someone did the lining with colored paper. I wanted to keep with my silver and ice blue theme so I got a silver gift wrap and cut to the shape of the envelop. Sorry I'm missing some pictures, but hopefully you can get the gist. 


First I cut a rectangle the size of the envelope using my mat with ruler, I then sliced off a tiny bit so it could fit in the envelope. Then I put the rectangle in the envelop and folded it to the shape of the envelope flap. Since it was my prototype, I didn't care if it was crinkled. I used that and my paper cutter to mimic the sample and cut all that I needed (110).

After cutting up all of my lining, I stuffed them into the envelopes.  

 Then I used glue stick to stick the flap of the lining to the flap of the envelope. I didn't bother to glue the inner part of the lining. Placing the invitations in there kept it in place. Yes this cost me time, but I had that during my planning and it saved me some more dollars.


No comments:

Post a Comment