Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wedding DIY Stamped Coctail Napkins

I wanted personalized napkins with the monogram/logo I'd designed for the wedding. I went online searching for someone to do the stamp and found a website http://www.rubberstamps.net/ to do my custom job. For about $15 I got my 1.5"X3" rubber stamp including the shipping. I picked up an ink pad (permanent) from Joann's on sale an used it and I was ready to stamp.

 With a movie ready, I stamped over 200 cocktail napkins that I'd picked up from Ikea. $1.99 for 100 in a pack. I purchased 2 packs. I used regular paper to do a couple of stamps at first to make sure there was no blotches, and then proceded. As you can see to the left of the two lower images, I'd lay out 3 napkins and stamp, stamp, stamp, stack and repeat. I made sure to apply even pressure. I had to reapply everytime to make sure I had a clear image for each napkin.

 This was the final look at the wedding. The worked perfectly and there was no running of ink onto anything or anyone. Athough my arm was tired by the end, I got a lot of use out of that stamp in many other areas of the wedding.



No comments:

Post a Comment